By James B. Freeman
Read Online or Download Acceptable Premises: An Epistemic Approach to an Informal Logic Problem PDF
Similar philosophical logic & language books
Willard VanOrman Quine has most likely been the main influential th American thinker of the 20 century. His paintings spans over seven a long time, and covers many domain names in philosophy. He has made significant contributions to the fields of common sense and set conception, philosophy of common sense and arithmetic, philosophy of language, philosophy of technology, epistemology and metaphysics.
The Liar paradox increases foundational questions on good judgment, language, and fact (and semantic notions in general). an easy Liar sentence like 'This sentence is fake' seems to be either real and fake whether it is both real or fake. For if the sentence is correct, then what it says is the case; yet what it says is that it's fake, accordingly it needs to be fake.
This reissue of D. A. Gillies hugely influential paintings, first released in 1973, is a philosophical conception of likelihood which seeks to advance von Mises’ perspectives at the topic. In contract with von Mises, the writer regards likelihood concept as a mathematical technology like mechanics or electrodynamics, and likelihood as an target, measurable suggestion like strength, mass or cost.
Reason's strains addresses many of the key questions within the research of Indian and Buddhist inspiration: the research of private identification and of final fact, the translation of Tantric texts and traditions, and Tibetan techniques to the translation of Indian resources. Drawing on a variety of scholarship, Reason's lines displays present paintings in philosophical research and hermeneutics, inviting readers to discover in a Buddhist context the connection among philosophy and traditions of religious workout.
- The Is-Ought Problem: An Investigation in Philosophical Logic (Trends in Logic)
- Explanation in Ethics and Mathematics: Debunking and Dispensability
- Exploring Topics in the History and Philosophy of Logic (Philosophische Analyse / Philosophical Analysis)
- Vague Objects and Vague Identity: New Essays on Ontic Vagueness: 33 (Logic, Epistemology, and the Unity of Science)
- Feyerabend and Scientific Values: Tightrope-Walking Rationality (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
- Media Argumentation: Dialectic, Persuasion and Rhetoric
Additional resources for Acceptable Premises: An Epistemic Approach to an Informal Logic Problem
Acceptable Premises: An Epistemic Approach to an Informal Logic Problem by James B. Freeman